Have you ever been captivated by the sweet, inviting scent of Carrière Frères’ Pear candle? I have! The delightful aroma is so good I felt inspired to take it into the kitchen and bake up something special. Today, I’m bringing you a delectable vegan pear galette recipe that captures the essence of this scent in dessert form. Get ready to fill your home with an irresistible candied fruit fragrance while indulging in this yummy treat.
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup vegan butter (or coconut oil)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or granulated sugar substitute)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup vegan pastry flour (or regular all purpose flour if not vegan) – 1 tablespoon lemon juice – 1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey (omit if vegan) – ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit/190 degrees Celsius. Grease a 9 inch round pan with vegan butter or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sliced pears, melted butter or oil, sweetness of choice, water, spices, and salt until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, lemon juice, and agave syrup or honey until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine until it forms a dough. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before rolling out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into an even circle that’s slightly larger than your pan size.
- Transfer the rolled out dough onto the greased pan then arrange the slices of pear over top in concentric circles starting from the outside going inwardly towards the center in each ring of pear slices as they overlap each other making sure there are no gaps between them leaving at least an inch gap around the edges of your dough circle when done layering your pear slices on top of your dough circle
- Gently fold up edges of your dough circle over some of your overlapping petals forming pleats then lightly brush melted butter or oil over exposed parts of your dough circle as well as sprinkle some sugar over top now all you have left to do before baking is sprinkle on some chopped nuts if desired
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown around edges remove from oven let cool before slicing into wedges serve warm and enjoy!