Wow, I can’t believe it’s already a new week, where does the time go? These days, the days seem to be overlapping, is it Tuesday? Is it Saturday? I couldn’t tell you. And because of that I wanted to start capturing the best moments of my week. I figured it would be great to be able to look back years from now and see what I did, what I ate, and what I loved. So without further ado, here is the first week of September 2020.
1) A snapshot of my magnolia tree, a flower finally bloomed! I’ve been waiting all season, it’s a little beauty.
2) Figs! Figs! Figs! It’s fig season and I’m enjoying every moment of it! I’ve been putting figs on toast, crackers, pizza, and in pretty much any recipe that calls for it.
3) As we’re getting closer to fall, I find myself attracted to almost everything in the signature fall colors. This week I filled my home with red, yellow, and orange roses.
4) I started burning Fireweed by Hollow Tree, it’s my first time burning their candles, and so far so good. It burned evenly and the fragrance filled the room with ease. It’s a sweet floral aroma, by the way. Notes of Lily of the valley, peony, and ambrette seed absolute.
5) I got new black and white taper candles, which I think are so pretty. BUT unfortunately they did not perform well at all, the flame went out after burning for less than 30 minutes. What a disappointment!
6) Chocolate chip cookies will forever be my favorite cookie! I made a batch this week and it is oh so good! I put some of the cookie dough in the freezer and I’ve been throwing 2-3 cookies in the oven each day and enjoying that “warm cookie experience” daily. Life is good!
7) I got a new fragrance! It’s called Peony Wonderland and it smells like a bouquet of sweet flowers. I’ve been keeping it by my front door, I spray it on me every time I walk out. Even if it’s just to walk my dog.
*Bonus: I also got a new Jonathan Adler candle called Gilded Muse. I haven’t burned it yet, but based on the cold throw it smells beautiful! Fresh and fruity! I’ll let you guys know how it is when I get the full experience.
How is your week going?